February 2013 Prostheses List - Cut-off dates for Clinical Assessment of applications to list new products and changes to current billing codesThe following tables have been provided to assist sponsors in preparing applications to list new products on the February 2013 Prostheses List.
The table below shows the meeting dates for the Clinical Advisory Groups and the dates by which complete and valid applications should be received to have the best possible chance to be assessed at that meeting.
|Clinical Advisory Groups (CAG)||1st meeting date||Cut-off for 1st meeting||2nd meeting date||Cut off for 2nd meeting|
|Urogenital||10 August 2012||22 June 2012||2 November 2012||14 September 2012|
|Cardiac||25 August 2012||6 July 2012||10 November 2012||21 September 2012|
|Vascular||27 August 2012||9 July 2012||5 November 2012||17 September 2012|
|Knees||8 September 2012||20 July 2012||17 November 2012||28 September 2012|
|Spinal||14 September 2012||27 July 2012||9 November 2012||21 September 2012|
|Ophthalmic||24 September 2012||6 July 2012||12 November 2012||24 September 2012|
|Cardiothoracic||28 September 2012||10 August 2012||23 November 2012||5 September 2012|
|Hip||28 September 2012||10 August 2012||23 November 2012||5 September 2012|
|Specialist Orthopaedic||28 September 2012||10 August 2012||2 November 2012||14 September 2012|
- 9 August 2012
- 12 September 2012
- 11 October 2012
- 21 November 2012
- 12 December 2012
- The meeting dates above are correct at the time of circulation of this Bulletin.
- Meeting dates may change due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the CAG secretariats. If a meeting date changes, particularly if it is brought forward, the CAG secretariat will email sponsors to inform them about revised cut-off dates for applications.
- Applications to list new products and to amend listing details can be submitted at any time.
- The “cut-off” dates for CAG applications allow time for them to be registered, entered into the database, sent out for clinician assessment, assessments recorded and included in the meeting agenda papers.
- PoCE applications require longer lead-in times to allow applications to be thoroughly assessed. The secretariat may need to go back to the clinicians to clarify their assessments.
- While every effort will be made to process applications submitted for listing on the February 2013 Prostheses List, there may be circumstances where this cannot happen (eg further information required, ARTG inclusion not finalised).
- If a sponsor has any queries about completing or submitting an application to list a new product or to change an existing billing code, the Prostheses secretariat and/or the CAG and PoCE secretariats are happy to assist. Please call the Prostheses hotline on (02) 62899463 or email the Prostheses Inbox.