August 2013 Prostheses List - Cut-off dates for Clinical Assessment of applications to list new products and changes to current billing codesThe following table has been provided to assist sponsors in preparing applications for the August 2013 Prostheses List.
Clinical Advisory Group (CAG) applicationsThe table below shows the meeting dates for the CAGs and the dates by which complete and valid applications should be received to have the best possible chance to be assessed at that meeting.
Clinical Advisory Groups
1st meeting date
Cut off for 1st meeting
2nd meeting date
Cut off for 2nd meeting
Panel of Clinical Experts (PoCE) applicationsEar, Nose & Throat - General Miscellaneous
Neurosurgical - Plastic & Reconstructive
Complete and valid applications to list new products and to amend current billing codes for assessment by the PoCE should be received at least eight weeks prior to a PLAC meeting.
This is to ensure the applications have the best possible chance of being assessed by the PoCE and the assessment then referred to the PLAC.
The PLAC dates for 2013 are:
7 February – Thursday
6 March – Wednesday
11 April – Thursday
8 May – Wednesday
6 June – Thursday
27 June – Thursday
7 August – Wednesday
12 September – Thursday
9 October – Wednesday
7 November – Thursday
11 December – Wednesday
- Applications to list new products and to amend listing details can be submitted at any time. It is recommended that you submit your application as soon as it is completed rather than waiting for a ‘cut-off’ date.
- The meeting dates above are correct at the time of circulation of this Bulletin.
- Meeting dates may change due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the CAG secretariats. If a meeting date changes, particularly if it is brought forward, the CAG secretariat will email sponsors to inform them about revised cut-off dates for applications.
- The ‘cut-off’ dates for CAG applications allow time for them to be registered, entered into the database, sent out for clinician assessment, assessments recorded and included in the meeting agenda papers.
- While every effort will be made to process applications submitted for listing on the August 2013 Prostheses List, there may be circumstances where this cannot happen (eg further information required, ARTG inclusion not finalised, etc).
- If a sponsor has any queries about completing or submitting an application to list a new product or to change an existing billing code, the Prostheses secretariat or the CAG/PoCE secretariats are happy to assist. Please call the Prostheses hotline on (02) 62899463 or email Prostheses.