Health topic quickview: Suicide prevention
A collection of Suicide prevention-related information in the Health and Ageing website.
27 November 2012
Suicide devastates families and communities. The department is working with communities and stakeholder organisations to raise awareness of suicide risk, to help those at risk of taking their own lives and to assist those bereaved by suicide.
26 October 2012
The National Suicide Prevention Strategy (NSPS) provides the platform for Australia's national policy on suicide prevention with an emphasis on promotion, prevention and early intervention.
07 September 2011
A website for people involved in prevention of suicide and self-harm.
- 10 May 2013Support for Day to Day Living in the Community
- 10 May 2013Program of Assistance for Survivors of Torture and Trauma
- 09 May 2013Better Access to Psychiatrists, Psychologists and General Practitioners through the MBS (Better Access) initiative
- 22 Apr 2013Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS)
- 19 Apr 2013Teleweb
- 19 Apr 2013Taking Action to Tackle Suicide package
- 18 Apr 2013Improving safety at 'hotspots'
- 18 Apr 2013Mental health first aid training for front line community workers
- 31 Oct 2012Mindframe National Media Initiative
- 23 Sep 2011Better Outcomes in Mental Health Care
- 20 Sep 2011Mental Health in Multicultural Australia
- 07 Sep 2011headspace (National Youth Mental Health Foundation)
- 07 Sep 2011Mental Health Council of Australia
- 07 Sep 2011Mindmatters
- 07 Sep 2011KidsMatter
- 07 Sep 2011Children of Parents with a Mental Illness
- 07 Sep 2011ResponseAbility Education
- 07 Sep 2011National Youth Mental Health Foundation (headspace)
- 29 Jan 2009beyondblue - the National Depression Initiative
- 02 May 2013Evaluation of the Better Access to Psychiatrists, Psychologists and GPs through the Medicare Benefits Schedule initiative
- 02 Jul 2008LiFE: research and evidence in suicide prevention
- 02 Jul 2008LiFE: a framework for prevention of suicide in Australia
- 02 Jul 2008LiFE: fact sheets
- 04 Sep 2007LiFe: helping someone at risk of suicide
- 10 Aug 2007Early childhood and parenting services scoping study
- 10 Aug 2006Safety after leaving hospital: the reduction in risk of suicide in people who are discharged from inpatient mental health care
- 01 Sep 2003International suicide rates: recent trends and implications for Australia
- 02 Jul 2001Suicide and the media: a critical review – executive summary
- 02 Jul 2001Suicide and the media: a critical review – full report