Health topic quickview: Maternal Health
A collection of Maternal Health-related information in the Health and Ageing website.
13 May 2013
National Evidence-Based Antenatal Care Guidelines have been developed by the Australian Government in collaboration with state and territory governments.
06 November 2012
These items provide Medicare benefits for the provision of non-directive pregnancy support counselling by eligible GPs, and psychologists, social workers and mental health nurses on referral from a GP.
25 September 2012
This page provides information on the Australian Government's Maternity Services Research Grants.
28 October 2011
From 1 November 2010 eligible Midwives and Nurse Practitioners have access to the Medicare arrangements which include providing Medicare rebateable services, referrals to medical specialists and requesting certain diagnostic and pathology services.
19 November 2008
This section of the website outlines some of the major activities which are being undertaken by the Australian Government towards improving maternal and infant health.
- 18 Apr 2013National Perinatal Depression Initiative
- 20 Dec 2012Maternity services reforms
- 15 Nov 2012Maternity Services Review - Overview
- 15 Nov 2012Maternity Services Advisory Group
- 08 Mar 2012The Evaluation of the Improving Maternity Services Budget Package 2009-10