Alcohol and other drugs: a handbook for health professionals
This resource provides an overview of key health and medical issues arising from the use of alcohol and other drugs.
In this section:
- Occasional papers series
- Plasma Fractionation Review
- Public Health Outcome Funding Agreements (PHOFAs)
- Regulatory Plan 2007-08
- Regulatory Plan 2008-09
- Regulatory Plan 2006-07
- PHERP Review Reports
- A National Aboriginal Health Strategy 1989
- 2002 Reviews of the National HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C Strategies and Strategic Research
- 2006 Aged Care Homes Survey
The handbook caters largely to the alcohol and other drug information needs of non-specialist medical practitioners and nurses.
The document is out of print and only available electronically.
Alcohol and other drugs: a handbook for health professionals (PDF 1503 KB large file)
The same publication in smaller sections:
- Cover and copyright (PDF 80 KB)
- Page i - xxi (PDF 88 KB)
- Part 1: Overview and introduction (PDF 155 KB)
- Part 2: The drugs (Chapters 3- 8) (PDF 389 KB)
- Part 2: The drugs (Chapters 9-12) (PDF 398 KB)
- Part 3: Non-medical interventions (PDF 119 KB)
- Part 4: Issues for special consideration (PDF 294 KB)
- Part 5: Appendices and glossary (PDF 279 KB)
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.