Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) Deferrals Statement of principles of commitment between stakeholders
The Minister of Health and Ageing the Hon Nicola Roxon has announced that agreement has been reached with the Consumers Health Forum, Generic Medicines Industry Association and Medicines Australia (PDF 13 KB) to work together to:
- Discuss ways to manage deferrals into the future.
- Deliver further savings for the 2012-13 Budget and other savings following the expiry of the memorandum of understanding between industry and Government.
Industry has also agreed to legislative amendments to complete price disclosure reforms, which will help to end anomalies in the current pricing system.
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.