Links to other websites related to palliative care.
Palliative care organisations
- Palliative Care Australia (PCA) - the peak body for palliative care in Australia.
Palliative Care Australia is undertaking a range of projects under the National Palliative Care Program. This website also has a service directory.
Palliative Care Project Websites
- Palliative Care Curriculum for Undergraduates (PCC4U) project
- Respecting Patient Choices Program
- Rural Palliative Care Project
- Palliative Care Outcomes Collaboration
- Knowledge Network CareSearch - palliative care research, conference papers, government reports and theses
- Program of Experience in the Palliative Approach (PEPA)
- Palliative Care Clinical Studies Collaborative (PaCCSC)
- National Standards Assessment Program (NSAP)
Carer support organisations
- Carers Australia - the national peak carer organisation. This site includes information and resources for carers.
Palliative Care Research
- The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) coordinates a Palliative Care Research Program that allocates grants, scholarships and fellowships with the aim of improving palliative care research capacity and the evidence base for good palliative care practice.
- Centre for Health Service Development (CHSD) - information and resources on ethics and evaluation in palliative care.
- Therapeutic Guidelines: Palliative Care, version 3 - a privately-produced, comprehensive guide for palliative care practitioners that covers an extensive range of topics including the principles of palliative care, ethical issues, medicines, paediatric principles and practices, and pain and other symptoms.
- Living Caring Working - improving quality of life for people with a life threatening illness, their families, carers and communities.
- Palliative Care dementia resource kit
- Community Attitudes Towards Palliative Care – Summary Report — August 2006
- Community Attitudes Towards Palliative Care 2006
- A Systematic Review of the Literature on Complicated Grief
- Guidelines for a Palliative Approach in Residential Aged Care - Enhanced version
- Providing culturally appropriate palliative care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples: Resource Kit