You may download this document in PDF format:
PDF printable version of From CareSearch to the Australian Palliative Care Knowledge Network (PDF 75 KB)
If you are unable to download the PDF file please email the Palliative Care Section for a copy to be sent to you.
The Australian Government has made access to information on palliative care simple by funding the development of a one-stop web-based resource – the Australian Palliative Care Knowledge Network – CareSearch.
The Knowledge Network provides up-to-date evidence-based information on all aspects of palliative care for clinicians, researchers, educators, students, health professionals, carers, families and patients. The site covers topics on specific diseases, finding support and help and self-care for caregivers.
The Knowledge Network provides online resources and tools to:
- encourage communication and interaction;
- link to other online resources;
- support education and learning;
- contribute to research; and
- help families and carers manage their issues and concerns.
Pages for patients and carersPalliative care will affect us all at some stage in our lives, whether as a patient, carer, family member, neighbour or friend. However, many of us do not have a clear understanding of what palliative care is and the many issues that arise in dealing with a life-limiting illness.
These following pages on the CareSearch website are designed for those affected by palliative care and can help patients and carers learn more and manage better. They cover the following areas:
- for patients – the concerns of a person with a life-limiting illness;
- for carers – their role and matters of practical caring;
- for families and friends – how to support patients and their carers.
Top of page
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.