Information as at August 2014
Location of Super Clinic
Hub Site: 231-239 Thomas Street, Broken Hill, NSW 2880
Spoke Site: 202-210 Patton Street, Broken Hill, NSW 2880
08 8088 7044
Outback Family Pty Ltd
Total Commonwealth funding
$7 million (GST inclusive)
Description of clinic
The Broken Hill GP Super Clinic commenced operations on 20 December 2013.
The hub site is a new purpose-built primary health care centre, located in a health precinct directly opposite the main entrance to the Broken Hill Base Hospital.
The spoke site renovations upgraded the existing site by combining adjoining premises into a single primary health care centre. Top of page
The clinic provides the following services:
- General practice
- Allied health professionals (physiotherapy, podiatry, exercise physiology, occupational therapy, nutritionist/dietetics, speech therapy)
- Diabetes education
- Health check-ups
- Women's health including family planning and PAP smears
- Men's health
- Psychology, counselling and social work services
- Nurse led clinics for health promotion and health prevention such as weight loss, smoking cessation, women's health, diabetes and asthma
- Child and adolescent health including immunisation services
- Minor surgery: stitching cuts, removing moles, skin cancers
- Occupational health/workplace health including Work Cover
- Health assessments – including fitness to drive assessments
- Sports medicine
- Indigenous health
- Migrant health
- Travel health
- Chronic disease management
- Visiting specialists
- Pathology collection
- Radiology (coming soon) Top of page
Hub site – Thomas Street: Monday to Friday: 8.00 am to 6.00 pm
After Hour Clinics: 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm
Saturdays: 8:30am - 1:30pm
Spoke site – Patton Street: Mondays to Fridays: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Hours will be extended depending on community need and availability of GPs.
Bulk billing is available for healthcare concession card holders as well as pensioners and nursing home patients, Department of Veteran Affairs patients, and children 16 years old and under.
Private patients will be billed at a standard GP consultation fee with a gap depending on the duration of the consultation. The gaps will be adjusted according to Australian Medical Association rates.
Chronic disease management plans, mental health plans and health assessments will be bulk billed for all patients. Top of page
Home visits and visits to residential aged care facilities
Weekly home visits by designated doctors will be provided to nursing home residents who are registered at the clinic and who are unable to visit the clinic.
Home visits to home bound patients or patients identified by the clinic to require such a service will also be provided by designated doctors in the clinic.
Clinical training arrangements
The Broken Hill GP Super Clinic will provide training placements for GP registrars, medical students, nurses and allied health professionals.