- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report
- Previous Reports and Updates
- Annual Reports
- Accessibility Issues
The Australian Influenza Surveillance Report is published on a fortnightly basis during the influenza season, typically between May and October. Influenza activity updates will be published outside of the seasonal period, with updates also provided during the season. A more in-depth end-of-season report is also published in Communicable Diseases Intelligence journal.
AssessmentPurpose: To provide an assessment of current influenza activity in Australia, as at 8 July 2015.
- There are indications that the 2015 influenza season has started.
- While laboratory confirmed influenza notifications reported so far this year are twice the number reported for the same period in previous years, they are still at low levels when considering the peak of last year’s season.
- As yet, there is no clear indication of the overall scale and severity of the season ahead.
- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report - Influenza activity as at 8 July 2015 (PDF 639 KB)
- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report - Influenza activity as at 8 July 2015 (Word 1597 KB)
- Previous Reports and Updates - 2015
- Previous Reports and Updates - 2014
- Previous Reports - 2013
- Previous Reports - 2012
- Previous Reports - 2011
- Previous Reports - 2010
- Previous Reports - 2009
Should you encounter issues in accessing the information contained either on this web page or within the downloadable full reports please email flu (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact the Department of Health switchboard on 02 6289 1555 or 1800 020 103.top of page ]