Guidance on use of rainwater tanks
Guidance on use of rainwater tanks consolidates the most up-to-date information and advice as a resource for both Environmental Health Officers and other professionals, and for those members of the public seeking detailed guidance.
This guidance document provides information on the range of potential hazards which can threaten water quality, preventative measures which can be used to stop these hazards from contaminating rainwater, straightforward monitoring and maintenance activities, and, where necessary, corrective actions.
Guidance on use of rainwater tanks includes information on design and installation of rainwater tanks, as well as the potential of rainwater tanks to contribute to improved water conservation.
Printable version of Guidance on use of rainwater tanks (PDF 588 KB)
HTML version of Guidance on use of rainwater tanks
- Asbestos—A guide for householders and the general public—Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Asbestos—A guide for householders and the general public
- Using the enHealth Environmental Health Officer Skills and Knowledge Matrix
- Environmental Health Practitioner Manual: A resource manual for Environmental Health Practitioners working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
- A list of environmental health publications
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.