Management of asbestos in the non-occupational environment
This document is primarily intended for environment and health agencies and local authorities conducting risk assessments and determining risk management strategies for the control of asbestos in the non-occupational environment.
This document provides information to help promote a nationally consistent approach to investigating and managing the risk of asbestos in the non-occupational environment. It will assist environmental health agencies in effective and efficient management of asbestos issues in these environments.
PDF printable version of Management of asbestos in the non-occupational environment (PDF 1358 KB)
If you are having difficulty in downloading the above document, please email OHP.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asbestos—A guide for householders and the general public—Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Asbestos—A guide for householders and the general public
- Using the enHealth Environmental Health Officer Skills and Knowledge Matrix
- Guidance on use of rainwater tanks
- Environmental Health Practitioner Manual: A resource manual for Environmental Health Practitioners working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.