Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Overweight and Obesity in Children and Adolescents
NHMRC Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Overweight and Obesity in Children and Adolescents
There are 3 components to this publication aimed at adults, adolescents and practitioners.
To order this publication, send an email to the Department's mailing house.
Additional information on ordering publications.
- PDF printable version of Clinical Practice Guidelines for Management of Overweight and Obesity in Children and Adolescents (PDF 719 KB)
The same publication in smaller sections:
- Contents and Copyright (PDF 96 KB)
- Preface (PDF 53 KB)
- Summary (PDF 49 KB)
- Evidence-based Statements and Recommendations (PDF 99 KB)
- Part 1 - The Prevalence and Tracking of Overweight and Obesity in Children and Adolescents (PDF 63 KB)
- Part 2 - Definition and Measurement of Overweight and Obesity in Children and Adolescents (PDF 116 KB)
- Part 3 - Risk Factors (PDF 183 KB)
- Part 4 - Morbidity and Childhood and Adolescent Obesity (PDF 130 KB)
- Part 5 - Conventional Weight-management Strategies (PDF 134 KB)
- Part 6 - Non-conventional Weight-management Strategies (PDF 91 KB)
- Appendix A - The Guideline-development Methodology (PDF 77 KB)
- Appendix B - References (PDF 203 KB)
If you are having difficulty downloading the PDF document(s) please email email@example.com and we will arrange for an alternative format or a copy to be sent to you.
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.