Health Service Accreditation
Information on Sector Support available to eligible organisations.
OverviewSector Support is available for all EQHS-C eligible organisations (whether a member of the Affiliate or not) at national and jurisdictional levels by the National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO) and its Affiliates.
Funding is provided to NACCHO and Affiliates to deliver this support to all eligible organisations.
What will Affiliates provide to eligible organisations under Sector Support?
- Information about accreditation/certification such as processes and resources.
- Practical advice on implementing actions identified in organisations Accreditation Work Plans, and achieving and maintaining accreditation/certification.
- Advice on support available under each EQHS-C support element.
- Promote and raise awareness on the need for accreditation/certification and its value to organisations.
- Accreditation specific training and workshops in conjunction with NACCHO, OATSIH, standards owners and standards assessment organisations.
- Liaise with Accreditation Facilitators, NACCHO, standards assessing organisations, OATSIH and other stakeholders to assist eligible organisations achieve and maintain accreditation/certification.
- Assist organisations with problem solving, information about processes and resources.
What is NACCHO’s role, relevant to organisations, under Sector Support?
- Influence the development of standards and resources to reflect the accreditation needs of the Indigenous health sector.
- Assist standards developing organisations and standards assessing organisations in understanding the accreditation needs of the Indigenous health sector.
- Support Affiliates in performing their Sector Support functions under the EQHS-C measure.
- Provide current and relevant accreditation/certification resources on NACCHO’s National Communication Network and provide access to all eligible organisations.
- Promote and raise awareness of accreditation processes in Affiliates and the sector.
- Liaise and work with Affiliates, OATSIH, standards owners and standards assessing organisations to achieve accreditation/certification goals.
What are the contact details of the NACCHO Affiliates?Contact details are available at their websites:
- Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council (NSW AH&MRC)
- Aboriginal Health Council of South Australia (AHCSA)
- Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia (AHCWA)
- Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance Northern Territory (AMSANT)
- Queensland Aboriginal and Islanders Health Council (QAIHC)
- Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre (TAC)
- Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (VACCHO)
- Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health Service (Winnunga) - ACT