From 2015, the production of an annual report on medical education and training in Australia is included in the functions of the National Medical Training Advisory Network (NMTAN).
The function of the NMTAN is to advise and guide the data collection and data reporting for this report.
The NMTAN Data Subcommittee will be appointed in accordance with the terms and conditions as stated in the Appointment Procedures Policy.
Terms of Reference
The NMTAN Data Subcommittee is responsible for:
- Checking the data templates and specifications of the report to ensure the information is accurate and presented in a meaningful way.
- Providing advice on any issues which arise during data collection, and facilitating negotiation and agreement between members in relation to any issues.
- Reading, checking, and providing comment on the final draft of the report.
- The Chair of the NMTAN Data Subcommittee will be appointed by the Department of Health.
- Members are appointed by the Chair of the NMTAN.
- Meetings of the NMTAN Data Subcommittee will be held once a year, via teleconference. Additional meetings will be held if required.
- In addition to Subcommittee meetings, material will be provided to members out of session. This will allow members to provide comment on working documents, and enable the Department to seek guidance from members on work-in-progress.
- All NMTAN Data Subcommittee members are required to sign a Deed of Confidentiality. Due to the sensitive nature of some of the materials and data, Subcommittee documents will fit into one of the following confidentiality levels:
- Level 1: Public information
- Level 2: Confidential circulation to members only.
Unless indicated on the document, all information should be regarded as Level 2.