MBS Primary Care Items
Medicare Health Assessments Resource Kits
The Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) health assessment items represent a cross-section of the Australian Government's initiatives in the area of primary health care.
A medical practitioner can utilise an MBS health assessment item to undertake a more comprehensive assessment of a patient with complex care needs. Health assessments also permit the needs of specific groups (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, refugees and aged care residents) to be addressed in a targeted and culturally appropriate manner.
The following resource kits contain information for medical practitioners, practice nurses and registered Aboriginal health workers concerning the MBS health assessment items.
- Medicare Health Assessments Resource Kit
- Healthy Kids Check Resource Kit
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples MBS Health Assessment Resource Kit
- Expanded Medicare Healthy Kids Check
- Medicare Teen Dental Plan
- Chronic Disease Dental Scheme
- Mental Health Professionals Network
- General Practice After Hours Program
- GP Super Clinics National Program Guide 2010
- The Primary Health Care Research, Evaluation and Development (PHCRED) Strategy Phase three 2010-14 publication
- A National Health and Hospitals Network for Australia’s future
- A Healthier Future for All Australians: National Health and Hospitals Reform Commission - Final Report June 2009