Mersey Community Hospital
The Commonwealth assumed ownership of the Mersey Community Hospital from the Tasmanian Government on 23 November 2007.
Since 1 September 2008 the hospital has been operated by the Tasmanian government.
The Mersey Hospital is located near Devonport, Tasmania. Services include a high dependency unit, a 24 hour emergency service, medical and surgical services (both day surgery and in patient), low risk obstetric services and a range of outpatient services.
The Commonwealth is providing funding of $197.56 million over three years (2011-12 to 2013-14) to the Tasmanian government under a Heads of Agreement for the continued management and operation of the hospital.
Heads of Agreement
- Heads of Agreement for the continued management, operation and funding of the Mersey Community Hospital
- Press release issued by Minister Roxon - Agreement for the continued management, operation and funding of the Mersey Community Hospital (PDF 16 KB)
- Press release issued by Minister Roxon - Agreement for the continued management, operation and funding of the Mersey Community Hospital
Enquiries may be directed to Mersey Enquiries.
If you are unable to download the PDF or Word document, please email ACD Webmaster.
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.