National Male Health
The Minister's Male Health Reference Group (the Group) was established in August 2010 following the release of the National Male Health Policy (the Policy) in May 2010.
Minister’s Male Health Reference GroupThe Group reports to the Hon Warren Snowdon MP, Minister for Veteran’s Affairs, Minister for Defence Science and Personnel, Minister Assisting the Prime Minister on the Centenary of Anzac, and Minister for Indigenous Health, who also has responsibility for male health. The Group provides expert advice on broader male health priorities as well as issues relating to the implementation and monitoring of male health programs that support the Policy.
The role of the Group is to:
- Provide advice on progress in addressing male health policy challenges.
- Provide advice on options for future directions of male health policy.
- Advise on the evaluation parameters of the National Male Health Policy.
- Provide stakeholder feedback on the Policy or male health relevant to Government.
- Undertake other tasks or provide advice as requested by the Minister.
The Chair of the Group is appointed by Minister Snowdon.
Name of MemberProfessor Rob Moodie (Chair)
Dr Mick Adams
Professor David de Kretser A.C.
Professor John Macdonald
Mr Matthew Whelan
Dr Rob McDonald
Associate Professor Jon Willis
Mr Pino Migliorino
Dr Shannon Nott
Professor George Patton
Mr Bill Noonan