The regional grants in the revised TIS program will have the following emphasis:
- Reducing smoking
- Resources are directed towards measurable outcomes for tobacco control from prevention of smoking to quitting, and reducing second-hand smoke.
- Rather than focus on the employment of a specific tackling smoking workforce, the focus is on outcomes for reducing smoking rates.
- Organisations involved in rolling out the program have the flexibility to select evidence based mechanisms and tools to reduce tobacco use within their region, that suit the local context and utilise their strengths.
- Funded organisations are expected to undertake a multi-level approach to tobacco control, which combines a range of evidence-based tobacco control activities to meet the needs of different population groups within a region.
- Allocated through a targeted competitive process, 37 organisations are receiving Regional Tobacco Control Grants.
Back to top