Nutrition and Healthy Eating
Australian Guide to Healthy Eating - Supporting Materials to Accompany the Food Guide
The Australian Guide to Healthy Eating is a contemporary food guide for Australia which reflects the multicultural nature of the population and which is relevant for all sectors of the food system to use as a nutrition education and information tool.
What are the supporting materials to accompany the food guide?
The Guide is supported by a range of materials that have been developed to accompany the Guide to help explain its use and potential to both educators and consumers.
The Consumer's Booklet;
(publication number A052465)
- This booklet has been developed to assist consumers to choose a healthy diet using a variety of foods.
- The booklet provides practical information for food selection and preparation to help people choose a balanced and healthy diet containing all necessary nutrients.
Background information for nutrition educators;
(publication number SS52464)
- The manual has been written for people who educate others about eating for good health, including primary and high school teachers, TAFE and university lecturers, community educators and health professionals.
- The manual provides background information on the rationale used in developing the Guide so that the graphic can be adapted to include the foods appropriate for different target groups. The manual also explains how to make the best use of the Guide for counselling, classroom teaching, community education, health promotion, menu evaluation and development and explains how to teach others to develop a healthy eating pattern.
(publication number SS52463)
- This pamphlet contains a brief overview of the Guide and the means for obtaining copies of the resource materials.
A4 Poster :Enjoy a Variety of Healthy Foods Everyday
(publication number SS52467)
These materials can be obtained from:
National Mailing and Marketing
PO Box 7077
CANBERRA MAILING CENTRE ACT 2610 , on 1800 020 103 (ext.8654),
by email from firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are having difficulty downloading the PDF document(s) please email email@example.com and we will arrange for an alternative format or a copy to be sent to you.