Health Impact Assessment Guidelines
The Guidelines aim to promote and enhance the incorporation of Health Impact Assessment (HIA) into environmental and planning impact assessment generally, thereby improving the consideration of health issues.
The guidelines seek to provide those involved in impact assessment across all levels of government and developers, along with their advisers, with an introduction to HIA and general guidance on the key steps involved.
PDF printable version of Health Impact Assessment Guidelines (PDF 387 KB)
If you are having difficulty downloading the PDF document(s) please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for an alternative format or a copy to be sent to you.
- Asbestos—A guide for householders and the general public—Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Asbestos—A guide for householders and the general public
- Using the enHealth Environmental Health Officer Skills and Knowledge Matrix
- Guidance on use of rainwater tanks
- Environmental Health Practitioner Manual: A resource manual for Environmental Health Practitioners working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.