- Health professional guideline groups
- Formal notice to produce documents
- Obligations under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
- Voluntary acknowledgement
- Review of decision
- Record keeping
- Guidelines for substantiating claims for Medicare compliance purposes
- Additional Resources
A formal notice to produce documents will be issued if you don't provide substantiating documents for Medicare compliance audit or review purposes.
To do this you must complete the Voluntary acknowledgement of incorrect payments form.
You can do this by completing the Application to Review Compliance Audit Decision form.
You must apply to review a decision within 28 days of receiving notice that an amount is owing.
- clearly identify the name of the patient
- have a separate entry each time the patient has attended a service
- include the date the service was provided or initiated
- contain enough information to explain the type of service provided
- be clear enough so another practitioner, relying on the record, could effectively undertake the patient's ongoing care
- be up to date, making sure it's completed at the time the service was provided or as soon as possible afterwards
- be in either paper or electronic form
- Health provider compliance audits and reviews
- Medicare forms for health professionals
- MBS Online
- Health Insurance Act 1973
- Federal Register of Legislation