Printable version of 52/14 (PDF 117 KB)
15 August 2014
August 2014 Prostheses List
The purpose of this Circular is to inform the health industry that:
- the delegate of the Minister for Health has made rules giving effect to a new version of the Prostheses List (August 2014); and
- the Prostheses List will be published on 15 August 2014 and is effective from 7 September 2014.
The Private Health Insurance (Prostheses) Rules 2014 (No. 2)
('the Rules') will be available on the Department's website on 15 August 2014. Please note that the Rules are being registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) with a commencement date of 7 September 2014.
The February Prostheses List will have 10,345 products – 10,042 in Part A, 290 in Part B and 13 in Part C.
Variations from the previous Prostheses List – Part A (Prostheses)
The August 2014 Prostheses List (Part A) contains the following changes:
- 449 new billing codes (302 for new products, 44 resulting from expansions, 80 resulting from transfers, 19 resulting from compressions and 4 resulting from duplications).
- 312 billing codes have had amendments to one or more of the following: benefit/s, product information text, product groups/subgroups.
- 447 billing codes were deleted (296 at the request of the sponsor and 151 that were expanded, compressed or transferred).
Variations from the previous Prostheses List – Part B (Human Tissue)
The August 2014 Prostheses List (Part B) has 3 new products listed and changes in benefits for 90 products and change of listing details in 1 product.
Variations from the previous Prostheses List – Part C (Other Prostheses)
There were no changes to products in Part C.
Details of the August 2014 Prostheses List, including lists of new listings, changed listings and deleted listings in each Part, will be published on the Prostheses List webpage