Private health insurance circulars
This circular issued by the Private Health Insurance Branch contains information on Hospital Casemix Protocol annual report
Printable version of 34/11 (PDF 34 KB)
10 May 2011
HCP Annual ReportThe Hospital Casemix Protocol (HCP) 2009-10 Annual Report has been released on the Department of Health and Ageing (DoHA) website. The HCP Annual Report is available in both PDF and Excel format (for benchmarking purposes). The HCP Annual Report includes health statistics received from private health insurers detailing information relating to patient statistics.
Tables included are Care Type, Completeness, Charge Components, Patient Age Groups and Charge Weights for private hospitals, public hospitals and day facilities.
Recent changes to the HCP data collection include:
- Adding page and table numbers to the report;
- Splitting charge weight by state;
- Breakdown charge weight by charge and benefit buckets;
- Produce reports based on both version 4.2 and 6.0 AR-DRGs; and
- Including total average benefit in report.
If you require further information please telephone: (02) 6289 9853/24 hr answering machine or email the enquiry to Private Health Insurance Branch
For more information visit 2011 Private Health Insurance (PHI) Circulars.
Changing your e-mail address? No longer want circulars? Please email Private Health Insurance Branch
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.