As a graduate in the Department of Health you will have the opportunity to contribute to the better health and wellbeing for all Australians, now and for future generations.
A health or science career - support Australia’s global health role
Types of degreesMedicine, pharmacy, nursing, medical laboratory science, microbiology, immunology, chemistry, toxicology, epidemiology, public health, health administration, health information management, health services management, emergency management
- Apply your scientific knowledge to create and develop evidence-based government policy, and targeted programs.
- Gain an understanding of how the Australian government prepares for an emergency response to international or national communicable disease emergencies.
- Learn in a team environment and collaborate with a broad group of technical specialists from other departments and agencies, the private sector, and universities
- Challenge yourself with multi-faceted complex problems to improve patient outcomes and health system sustainability
- Experience how your work plays a greater role in the creation and development of government policy