Principles and Protocols for the Development of Food Regulation Policy Guidelines
The Australia and New Zealand Food Regulation Ministerial Council (Ministerial Council) has completed a comprehensive review of the Principles and Protocols that govern the development of policy guidelines on the regulation of food.
These Principles and Protocols documents clarify the scope of policy guidelines, set out the process for their development, and define the roles of policy departments and regulatory agencies.
The Principles and Protocols documents were revised in 2004 and 2007 as a result of feedback received from the Food Regulation Stakeholder Forums.
In May 2008, the Ministerial Council endorsed the current Principles and Protocols for the Development of Food Regulation Policy Guidelines document.
Principles and Protocols for the Development of Food Regulation Policy Guidelines (PDF 110 KB)
- Newsletters of the Food Regulation Secretariat
- Review of Food Labelling Law and Policy (2011)
- The Food Regulation System
- The Food Regulation Secretariat – Database Registration
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.