We welcome your comments on the Australian Government Department of Health Facebook page and suggest that you apply common sense when making them. Please show courtesy and respect to others and do not use the page to abuse others, expose others to offensive or inappropriate content, or for unlawful purposes.
Please be aware that this policy may be changed at any time by the Australian Government Department of Health (the Department).
When commenting on Facebook posts, please ensure that you:
- do protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information of either yourself or of others in your posts to the page (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers);
- do represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- do not abuse, harass, stalk or threaten others;
- do not post or upload content that is discriminatory;
- do not make misleading, deceptive, false, factually inaccurate, defamatory or libellous comments;
- do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language;
- do not use obscene or offensive language that is directed at another user;
- do not post material to the page that infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- do not include email, internet addresses or links to websites in your posts to the page that are not relevant to the topics being discussed;
- do not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations;
- do not post multiple versions of the same view to the page or make excessive postings on a particular issue;
- do not promote commercial interests in your posts to the page;
- do not advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose;
- do not post overtly party political comments;
- do not post content that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world (or encourage others to do so);
- do not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic, including on the basis of race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality or age;
- do not identify matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order; and
- do not make comments that are irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
Privacy statementThe Department is not responsible, liable for and does not endorse the privacy practices of Facebook or any linked websites. Your use of Facebook and any linked websites is at your own risk.
The Department records all information posted to the Department of Health Facebook page and uses that information for the purpose of administering the page and considering and/or addressing any comments made.
No attempt will be made to further identify individuals who engage or otherwise contribute to the Facebook page except where requested and authorised by law.
DisclaimerWhen using this Facebook page you are bound by the terms and conditions of use of the Facebook site. We encourage you to review the legal policies of the Facebook site for further information.
The Department accepts no responsibility whether express or implied for the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information posted on the Department’s Facebook page by anyone other than the Department, or its relevance and suitability for any purpose.
Views expressed on this page by anyone other than the Department are not the views of the Department and the Department disclaims all liability for any such views, comments, advertising or other non-Department content.
The Department does not endorse or control any advertising that may be displayed by Facebook on this page.
The Department reserves the right to remove comments at its sole discretion.
The Department strives to review the content of the Facebook page on a regular basis. However, there may be times when offensive comments (that do not meet the Acceptable Use Policy) appear on the page before they can be removed.
The information on this page is current at the time of publication.