Summary of document
- Developed by the NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use at the University of New South Wales, these guidelines represent an updated and revised version of the first edition Comorbidity Guidelines published in 2009.
- The Guidelines are not a policy directive and are not intended to replace or take precedence over local policies and procedures.
- The Guidelines should be used in conjunction with existing guidelines and discipline-specific practice standards.
- The Guidelines do not provide formal recommendations, but rather guidance for AOD workers when working with clients who have comorbid mental health and AOD conditions.
- The Guidelines are based on the best available evidence and draw upon the experience and knowledge of clinicians, researchers, consumers, and carers.
- This project was funded by the Department of Health under the Substance Misuse Service Delivery Grants Fund.
If you received a hardcopy of the 2nd edition of the Guidelines before 30 September 2016, please note that there is an error on page 245. Please replace page 245 in your hardcopy of the Guidelines.