Disclaimer: The documents on this page may not be accessible. If you need help please contact the department on (02) 6289 2686 or email tmu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application forms for permits and licences may be downloaded here.
Refer to the corresponding Guidance Note for information on completing the forms and for processing timeframes.
Although the application forms are designed to be filled in using a computer, forms completed by hand will be accepted.
NOTE: These application forms have been tested in Microsoft Word 2003. If you experience any difficulty in downloading or filling in these forms, please contact OCS on (02) 6289 2686 or by email at tmu.
- Import/export licence (PDF 70 KB) | (Word 534 KB) | Guidance Note
- Licence details variation (PDF 38 KB) | (Word 508 KB)
- Controlled substance addition (PDF 36 KB) | (Word 496 KB)
- Add/remove authorised person (PDF 43 KB) | (Word 506 KB)
- Narcotics and psychotropics (PDF 39 KB) | (Word 508 KB) | Guidance Note
- Precursors (PDF 39 KB) | (Word 509 KB) | Guidance Note
- Special Access Scheme (PDF 67 KB) | (Word 991 KB) | Guidance Note
- Antibiotics (PDF 41 KB) | (Word 510 KB) | Guidance Note
- Anabolic/androgenic (PDF 39 KB) | (Word 509 KB) | Guidance Note
- Khat importation scheme is currently under review. All applications to import khat are on hold until further notice.
- Kava (PDF 56 KB) | (Word 518 KB) | Guidance Note
- Narcotics, psychotropics and precursors (PDF 39 KB) | (Word 508 KB) | Guidance Note
- Licence and pre-export notification for precursor substances (PDF 67 KB) | (Word 1034 KB) | Guidance Note
You can submit your application in the following ways:
Mail: Drug Control Section
Office of Chemical Safety
GPO Box 9848 (MDP 88)
Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: 02 6289 2500
Use the subject line to indicate “Permit Application” when using email to apply.
Please note applications for a permit to export and annual licenses will only be accepted by mail.
Links to information and guidance for importers and exporters
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.