- residential aged care services (aged care homes);
- services that provide Community Aged Care Packages;
- services that provide Extended Aged Care at Home and Extended Aged Care at Home - Dementia packages;
- Transition Care services;
- Innovative Pool services;
- Multi-Purpose Services providing aged care; and
- services funded under the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Aged Care Flexible Aged Care Program.
Service ListsEach downloadable file contains:
- the name and town/suburb of each service;
- the types of care provided:
- Residential low-level care, residential high-level care,
- Community Aged Care Packages - (Archived),
- Extended Aged Care at Home Packages - (Archived),
- Extended Aged Care at Home - Dementia Packages - (Archived),
- Multi-Purpose Services - (Archived),
- Transition Care; or
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flexible aged care - (Archived).
- the number of places in operation for each type of care at 30 June 2013;
- the name of the approved provider of the service in which the service is based;
- the Aged Care Planning Region of the service;
- the remoteness classification of the service according to the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS), Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2011;
- The organisation type, ie: not for profit, for profit, local government or state government; and
These spreadsheets generally list places according to the location in which the service is based, rather than the region in which the service is delivered. Consequently, regional totals derived from these spreadsheets may differ from data published elsewhere in which places operated by cross-regional services have been divided between the regions in which the services are delivered.
If you would like to find the address and contact details of aged care services in your locality, please visit the My Aged Care website.
In this section
- Aged Care Services lists for download
Files for downloadNote: It is advisable to download these files rather than attempting to open them directly. "Right click" on the link, then select "Save target/link as" from the pop down menu.
Whole of Australia:
- Australian Capital Territory (Excel 16 KB)
- Australian Capital Territory (PDF 274 KB)
- New South Wales (Excel 184 KB)
- New South Wales (PDF 4467 KB)
- Northern Territory (Excel 22 KB)
- Northern Territory (PDF 407 KB)
- Queensland (Excel 117 KB)
- Queensland (PDF 2803 KB)
- South Australia (Excel 58 KB)
- South Australia (PDF 1291 KB)
- Tasmania (Excel 29 KB)
- Tasmania (PDF 585 KB)
- Victoria (Excel 146 KB)
- Victoria (PDF 3505 KB)
- Western Australia (Excel 63 KB)
- Western Australia (PDF 1441 KB)
Previous years files for download
- 30 June 2012 - Australia (Excel 569 KB)
- 30 June 2012 - Australia (PDF 18357 KB)
- 30 June 2011 - Australia (Excel 1411 KB)
- 30 June 2011 - Australia (PDF 18971 KB)
- 30 June 2010 - Australia (Excel 1249 KB)
- 30 June 2010 - Australia (PDF 17821 KB)
- 30 June 2009 - Australia (Excel 1211 KB)
- 30 June 2009 - Australia (PDF 16965 KB)
"The Department of Social Services has made every effort to ensure that the Microsoft Excel version of the Aged Care Summary Data and Service lists meet accessibility requirements. If you are experiencing difficulty accessing the information contained within this document, please contact Aged Care Data by email to arrange for an alternative format to be provided to you."
Top of page
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.