Links to external data sources
This page provides links to authoritative sources of data on aged care and ageing in Australia, as well as international publications.
Australian Bureau of Statistics - Population CharacteristicsThis link directs you to a page on the Australian Bureau of Statistics website that provides links to their publications on Population and Household Characteristics.
Australian Bureau of Statistics Building and Construction: Building Activity Australia, catalogue 8752.0This link provides information on construction expenditure in aged care facilities. Search for ‘aged care facilities’ in the relevant file.
Submissions to Parliament by the Department of Health and AgeingThese submissions include aged care data provided to the Parliament of Australia
- Inquiry into residential and community aged care in Australia 2009 (Part 1), Part 2, Attachment A
- Inquiry into Aged Care Amendment (Residential Care) Bill 2007 (Attachment 1)
- Quality and equity in aged care (2005)
- Aged Care (Bond Security) Bill 2005, Aged Care (Bond Security) Levy Bill 2005, Aged Care Amendment (2005 Measures No. 1) Bill 2005
Links to international data on ageing and aged care
- OECD Programme on Long Term Care
- United Nations Programme on Ageing
- World Health Organization (WHO) Ageing and Life Course Programme
- AARP AgeSource/AgeStats Worldwide
United Kingdom (UK)
United States of America (USA)
- Administration on Aging
- Federal Interagency Forum on Aging-Related Statistics
- National Institute on Aging