Following the conduct of the 2012-13 Aged Care Approvals Round (ACAR), a total of 13,610 new aged care places will be allocated across Australia. The new places have an estimated annual recurrent funding value of over $505 million.
The new places comprise 7,775 residential aged care places (5,247 high care and 2,528 low care) and 5,835 Home Care Packages.
A total of more than $156 million in zero real interest loans will be offered to providers to build 986 new residential aged care places, as well as make 257 provisionally allocated places operational.
In addition, $51 million in capital grants will be allocated to assist aged care providers build new, or improve existing residential aged care services.
The 2012-13 ACAR is a competitive assessment process that allocates aged care places to those applicants who best demonstrate they can meet the needs of the ageing population within a specified aged care planning region. Decisions on the allocation of new aged care places, zero real interest loans and capital grants are made independently by the Department of Health and Ageing.
A summary of the new aged care places, zero real interest loans and capital grant allocations is attached.
Home Care Packages
Estimated annual recurrent funding ($m)
Zero Real Interest Loans ($m)
Deferred allocationsAs at 10 December 2013, the above places include deferred allocations in respect of applicants who are awaiting the required approved provider status. The deferred allocations comprise:
- 68 residential aged care places and 79 Home Care Packages in New South Wales;
- 26 Home Care Packages in Victoria;
- 52 Home Care Packages in Queensland;
- 115 residential aged care places in Western Australia; and
Details of the new allocationsDetails of the allocations made to the successful applicants, (excluding the above-mentioned deferred allocations), listed by state/territory and by approved provider, can be obtained by following the links below:
Residential aged care places and capital grant allocations
- PDF printable version of Residential aged care places and capital grants allocations - by provider (PDF 758 KB)
- Excel version of Residential aged care places and capital grants allocations - by provider (Excel 27 KB)
- PDF printable version of Residential aged care places and capital grants allocations - by region (PDF 765 KB)
- Excel version of Residential aged care places and capital grants allocations - by region (Excel 27 KB)
Home Care Package allocations
- PDF printable version of Home Care Package allocations - by provider (PDF 719 KB)
- Excel version of Home Care Package allocations - by provider (Excel 30 KB)
- PDF printable version of Home Care Package allocations - by region (PDF 719 KB)
- Excel version of Home Care Package allocations - by region (Excel 29 KB)
Zero real interest loan offers
- PDF printable version of Zero Real Interest Loans - by provider (PDF 143 KB)
- Excel version of Zero Real Interest Loans - by provider (Excel 68 KB)
- PDF printable version of Zero Real Interest Loans - by region (PDF 143 KB)
- Excel version of Zero Real Interest Loans - by region (Excel 68 KB)
Feedback to applicantsTo assist applicants who applied in the 2012-13 ACAR, the following documents provide a summary of some of the common reasons applications were not successful, as well as information on areas where less competitive applications commonly could have been strengthened:
- General feedback for applicants for Home Care Packages
- General feedback for applicants for residential aged care places
2012 Extra Service Approvals RoundThe 2012 Extra Service Approvals Round was run in conjunction with the 2012-13 ACAR. Extra Service status has been approved in respect of 1,288 residential aged care places (1,057 high care and 231 low care).
The results of the 2012 Extra Service Approvals Round can be found at the Extra Service Status webpage.
All applicants will receive written notification of the results of their allocation.
Successful applicants will receive a formal notice granting Extra Service status.
Top of page
Section 1 Introduction
Section 2 Home Care Packages
Section 3 Residential Aged Care Places, Zero Real Interest Loan and/or Capital Grant
Section 4 Zero Real Interest loans
Section 5 Capital Grants
Section 6 Extra Service status
Section 7 Regional Distribution of Aged Care Places
Section 8 Regional Response to the 2011 Aged Care Approvals Round
Top of page
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.