How it works
- The Department uses an internet based online recruitment system to advertise vacancies and receive applications from candidates. The system allows candidates to:
- register their details;
- search for vacancies;
- register for job alerts;
- access and read vacancy details;
- apply for vacancies including attaching a resume;
- access previous applications; and
- receive email correspondence
How to apply
- If you are applying for the first time using the Department’s online recruitment system you will need to register. To do this you will need to:
click on ‘Start New Application’. You will find this link within the table of current jobs, to the right of the position you wish to apply for. Click the link and follow the prompts: the system will ask you to enter your full name, email address, password and some personal particulars.
You will receive an email to your nominated email address confirming your registration, email address and password. You may access the online recruitment system anywhere with internet access. Use your email address and password to login and commence a new application, continue a saved application or access previous applications. You can edit and submit your application up to the closing time. Once the closing time has approached, the job will be removed from the system and you will not be able to edit your application.
Once you submit your application you will receive an email to your nominated email address. Copies of emails will also be maintained in the online recruitment system for your records. Any further updates regarding the selection process will generally be advised via email.
Accessing my application
- The system will maintain a candidate’s information to allow you to easily use the system to save and submit applications, apply for vacancies in the future or access previous applications. You can use the ‘Login’ option from the left hand side menu in the online recruitment system and enter your username and password details.
To undertake the recruitment process, the Selection Advisory Committee, the delegate and recruitment system administrators will have access to your application. The Department recognises and respects your privacy and is bound by the Information Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988.