This page houses resources, presentations and other key information to assist PHNs with mental health reform implementation.
PHN Primary Mental Health Care Flexible Funding Pool Implementation GuidanceGuidance material has been developed to support PHNs in implementing the primary mental health care reform activities and managing the associated flexible funding. The guidance material provides clarity on core issues, sets out expectations of PHNs and provides best practice examples, where appropriate. The guidance material is to be considered as ‘point in time’ guidance and may be subject to revision at a later date. The workforce support information and resources document provides information on resources currently available relevant to supporting the mental health workforce throughout the mental health reform implementation process.
- 1. Stepped Care (PDF 803 KB)
- 2. Low Intensity Mental Health Services for Early Intervention (PDF 735 KB)
- 3. Psychological Therapies Provided by Mental Health Professionals to Underserviced Groups (PDF 731 KB)
- 4. Primary Mental Health Care Services for People with Severe Mental Illness (PDF 716 KB)
- 5. Regional Approach to Suicide Prevention (PDF 672 KB)
- 6. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Mental Health Services (PDF 739 KB)
- 7. Child and Youth Mental Health Services (PDF 646 KB)
- 8. Consumer and Carer Engagement and Participation (PDF 751 KB)
- Workforce support information and resources (PDF 676 KB)
An evidence-based systems approach to suicide prevention: guidance on planning, commissioning and monitoringTo support PHNs in implementing a systems based regional approach to suicide prevention that meets local community need, the Department commissioned the Black Dog Institute to develop a specific resource for PHNs that outlines current best practice suicide prevention activities. The resource 'An evidence-based systems approach to suicide prevention: guidance on planning, commissioning and monitoring' provides PHNs with a comprehensive body of evidence that can inform assessment, planning and commissioning processes for suicide prevention services.
- An evidence-based systems approach to suicide prevention: guidance on planning, commissioning and monitoring (PDF 3629KB)
Mental Health Activity Work Plan 2016-17 templateThe Mental Health Activity Work Plan 2016-17 template must be used by Primary Health Networks (PHNs) to submit their Mental Health Activity Work Plan. The template for the Plan requires PHNs to outline activities against each and every one of the six priorities for mental health and suicide prevention. The Plan should also lay the foundation for implementation of a broader stepped care model in the PHN region.
- PowerPoint 1: Presentation made by Ms Colleen Krestensen AS Mental Health Reform Taskforce to the PHN National Forum, Canberra, December 2015 (updated) (PDF 355 KB)
- PowerPoint2: Presentation made by Ms Natasha Cole FAS Health Services Division to the Mental Health Reform Stakeholder Group, Canberra, February 2016 (PDF 718 KB)