There are currently no open consultations
Timeline for consultations
The Taskforce has endorsed a number of reports to be released for public consultation between June and August 2017.
Download the MBS Review 2017 public consultation plan to see full timeline.
How it works
Step 1: Draft recommendations from clinical committees and the Principles and Rules Committee are publically released and stakeholders are invited to give their feedback as an ongoing process.
Step 2: Following the public consultation period, the Clinical Committees will assess the advice from public consultation and decide whether any changes are needed to the recommendations.
Step 3: The Clinical Committees will then send the recommendations to the Taskforce.
Step 4: The Taskforce will consider the recommendations as well as the information provided by the public in order to make sure that all the important concerns are addressed.
Step 5: The Taskforce will then provide recommendations to Government.
Why we want your input
Public consultation is an opportunity for the Australian public, including health professionals, to have their say about recommendations proposed by the Clinical Committees, prior to these recommendations being made to Government.
Public consultation with stakeholders, including consumers of MBS services is integral to the process established by the Taskforce.
Stakeholder input has been critical in shaping the Review to date. It is important that this process is upheld through this Review process.
The Taskforce has previously undertaken a number of consultations.
The editions of the reports available include:
- Report published for the purpose of public consultation
- Addendum to the public consultation report following consideration of public feedback by the clinical committee and Taskforce
Round 5: 22 August – 4 October 2017
- Report from the Endocrinology Clinical Committee
- Report from the Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine Clinical Committee
- Report from the Pathology Clinical Committee - Endocrine Tests
- Report from the Cardiac Services Clinical Committee
Round 4: 7 June – 21 July 2017
- Report from the Renal Medicine Clinical Committee
- Report from the Dermatology, Allergy and Immunology Clinical Committee
- Report from the Spinal Surgery Clinical Committee
- Preliminary report on urgent after-hours primary care services funded by the MBS
- Report from the Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Committee - PE/DVT
- Report from the Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Committee - Knee
Round 3: 9 September – 7 October 2016
- Report from the Gastroenterology Clinical Committee
- Report from the Obstetrics Clinical Committee
- Report from the Thoracic Medicine Clinical Committee
- First report from the Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Committee - Low Back Pain
- Second report from the Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Committee - Bone Densitometry
- First report of the Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery Clinical Committee on Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy & Insertion of Grommets
- First Report of the MBS Principles and Rules Committee