Health Workforce programs include activities that will:
- strengthen workforce planning and address health workforce shortages in rural and remote areas with targeted workforce incentives and outreach programs
- ensure a capable and qualified workforce through increased training opportunities and retention
- provide support to doctors, nurses, and allied health professionals
- improve access to health services for all people living in regional, rural and remote Australia
- support the indigenous health workforce to ensure the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are addressed.
Programs - A-Z list of health workforce programs
Health Workforce Data - Links to the Department’s online data tabulation tool for health workforce data and information about available datasets
Stronger Rural Health Strategy - Updates, programs, factsheets and information about the Strategy
Health Workforce Update – E-Newsletter for updates on Health workforce programs and initiatives
Other Medical Practitioners programs (OMPs) - Updates and information about the OMPs
Section 19AA and Section 19AB - Updates, information, factsheets and links regarding the 19AA and 19AB
Workforce Incentive Program - Updates, information, factsheets regarding the Workforce Incentive Program
Resources - publications, research and reviews related to Australia's health workforce.
Links - links to websites that may contain useful information for those working, or interested in working, as a health professional in Australia.
You can get to this page using the short URL