HealthConnect was a change management strategy funded through the Commonwealth Government and facilitated through a partnership with State and Territory Governments.
HealthConnect implementations leveraged existing eHealth projects and infrastructure, and progressed towards compliance with National E-Health Transition Authority and other nationally agreed standards to improve the availability of information in the health sector.
HealthConnect strategies were developed to benefit consumers and healthcare providers through making information more readily available and transferred more accurately, quickly and securely between health care professionals.
HealthConnect was managed under national eHealth governance arrangements established by all Australian Health Ministers as a joint Australian, State and Territory Governments’ initiative. The outcomes this program aimed to achieve were to:
- deliver enhanced clinical communication through standardised clinical messages;
- enhance safety and quality through a shared electronic health record;
- integrate models of care through a shared electronic health plan;
- make life-saving information available in emergencies;
- enhance primary care communications networks; and
- allow consumers to be more able to manage their health care.
- Medicare Teen Dental Plan
- Chronic Disease Dental Scheme
- Mental Health Professionals Network
- Encouraging Better Practice in Aged Care (EBPAC)
- General Practice After Hours Program
- GP Super Clinics National Program Guide 2010
- Smoking cessation guidelines for Australian general practice: desktop guidelines and patient education materials
- Smoking cessation guidelines for Australian general practice
- Lifescripts resources
- Lifescripts practice manual: supporting lifestyle risk factor management in general practice, 2nd edition