Extra Service Status
Extra Service status involves the provision of a significantly higher than average standard of services, including accommodation, the range and quality of food, and non-care services such as recreational and personal interest activities.
For further information on Extra Service Status, please email email@example.com
2012-13 Extra Service Approvals RoundExtra Service status can be granted in respect of residential aged care places in order to provide residents with a choice of higher quality accommodation and non-care related services.
Invitation to ApplyThe Secretary of the Department of Health and Ageing invites current and prospective providers of residential aged care to apply for Extra Service status in respect of a care service, or a distinct part of residential care services, under the Aged Care Act 1997.
The following aged care planning regions already have a significant proportion of high care residential places approved for Extra Service status (based on the updated 2012 calibrated ratios for each region). It is, therefore, unlikely that additional high care Extra Service will be approved in these regions in the 2012-13 Extra Service Approvals Round.
- Southern Highlands – NSW
- Eastern Metropolitan – VIC
- Brisbane North – QLD
- Darling Downs – QLD
- Great Southern – WA
- Metropolitan East - WA
- Metropolitan North – WA
- Metropolitan South East - WA
- Metropolitan South West – WA
- Mid West - WA
- South West - WA.
- Far North Coast - NSW
- Loddon-Mallee - VIC
- Northern Metropolitan - VIC
- Brisbane South – QLD
- Far North – QLD
- Logan River Valley - QLD
- Sunshine Coast - QLD
Applications must be on the approved 2012-13 Extra Service status application form.
- PDF printable version of the approved 2012-13 Extra Service status application form (PDF 315 KB)
- Word version of the approved 2012-13 Extra Service status application form (Word 1870 KB)
- PDF printable version of Guidelines for applicants (PDF 288 KB)
- Word version of Guidelines for applicants (Word 166 KB)
To assist providers in completing their application, the table below provides data relating to:
- Proportions of Extra Service status in each aged care planning region (as at 28 September 2012); and
- the 2012 Extra Service calibrated ratios which provide a guide to the maximum proportion of residential places that can be granted Extra Service status within each aged care planning region.
- PDF printable version of Calibrated Ratios and Extra Service Proportions by Aged Care Planning Region (PDF 135 KB)
- Word version of Calibrated Ratios and Extra Service Proportions by Aged Care Planning Region (Word 153 KB)
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.