Health topic quickview: Chronic disease
A collection of Chronic disease-related information in the Health and Ageing website.
06 March 2013
Information on Chronic Disease Management (CDM) items, including MBS item descriptors, explanatory notes, questions and answers, an overview fact sheet and example scenarios regarding the use of CDM items.
Allied Health Individual Services for patients with a chronic medical condition and complex care needs under Medicare
08 February 2013
Medicare rebates for certain allied health services are available for patients with chronic conditions and complex care needs on referral from their GP.
17 October 2012
26 September 2012
Chronic diseases are leading causes of death and disability in Australia.
18 June 2012
Chronic Kidney Disease is a debilitating chronic disease in its own right, but can also contribute to, or be impacted by, other prominent chronic diseases, including cardiovascular disease and diabetes mellitus.
15 August 2011
The Lifescripts initiative provides general practice with evidence-based tools and skills to help patients address the main lifestyle risk factors for chronic disease: smoking; poor nutrition; alcohol misuse; physical inactivity; and unhealthy weight. The initiative assists with the provision of tailored advice to patients on modifying their lifestyle.
06 June 2011
A brief overview of the definition and prevalence of cancer, with links to additional information about cancer statistics, control, programs and publications.
13 September 2010
The term cardiovascular disease (CVD) refers to diseases of the heart and blood vessels. It is the leading cause of death in Australia.
07 April 2010
Information about what asthma is and how you can control it.
02 March 2010
Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that affects one or more joints. Arthritis conditions are part of a broader group of conditions of the muscles and bones called musculoskeletal conditions. Some of the most commonly occurring musculoskeletal conditions are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis. Juvenile idiopathic arthritis is less common.
- 14 May 2013Enhanced Primary Care Program overview
- 07 Aug 2012Australian Primary Care Collaboratives Program (APCCP)
- 08 Mar 2011Closing the Gap: Tackling Indigenous Chronic Disease Package
- 13 Aug 2010Lifescripts
- 09 Aug 2010Osteoporosis
- 09 Aug 2010Asthma child and adolescent program
- 09 Aug 2010Prevention of type 2 diabetes program
- 09 Aug 2010Arthritis
- 09 Aug 2010Asthma management program
- 09 Aug 2010Better arthritis and osteoporosis care
- 09 Aug 2010GP and allied health professional asthma and respiratory education program
- 09 Aug 2010Asthma cycle of care
- 09 Aug 2010Community support program
- 18 Nov 2009Regional Cancer Centres
- 27 Oct 2009A Healthy and Active Australia
- 15 Jul 2008Primary Health Strategy
- 28 Oct 2009National Tobacco Campaign
- 27 Oct 2009National Binge Drinking campaign (Drinking nightmare)
- 26 Oct 2009Measure Up campaign
- 14 Nov 2012A National Health and Hospitals Network for Australia’s future
- 14 Nov 2012A Healthier Future for All Australians: National Health and Hospitals Reform Commission - Final Report June 2009
- 15 Apr 2011Australian Government response to Review of cardiovascular disease programs
- 05 Nov 2010Evaluation of the National External Breast Prostheses Reimbursement Program
- 29 Sep 2010ANDIAB2 2010: quality assurance of patient practices and diabetes centre care
- 09 Aug 2010Lifescripts resources
- 02 May 2010Australian type 2 diabetes risk assessment tool (AUSDRISK)
- 07 Apr 2010Delivering better cancer care
- 09 Aug 2009Prevention of type 2 diabetes program resources
- 09 Aug 2009Australian national diabetes information audit & benchmarking (ANDIAB) 2009
- 30 Mar 2009Review of cardiovascular disease programs
- 01 Aug 2008An Evaluation of the public access defibrillation (PAD) demonstration
- 09 Aug 2007Australian national diabetes information audit & benchmarking (ANDIAB) 2006
- 28 Oct 2006National service improvement framework for diabetes
- 28 Oct 2006National service improvement framework for asthma
- 28 Oct 2006Blueprint for nation-wide surveillance of chronic diseases and associated determinants
- 28 Oct 2006National service improvement framework for cancer
- 28 Oct 2006National service improvement framework for heart, stroke and vascular disease
- 28 Oct 2006National chronic disease strategy
- 28 Oct 2006National service improvement framework for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis
- 01 Jan 2006My asthma action plan
- 09 Aug 2005Australian national diabetes information audit & benchmarking (ANDIAB) 2004
- 01 Jan 2005A National action plan for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis
- 01 Jan 2003Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander asthma action plan
- 09 Aug 2001Diabesity & associated disorders in Australia - 2000
- 09 Aug 1999National diabetes strategy 2000-2004