The Secretariat is independent of the Commonwealth in relation to its day-to-day operations and will be available to manage and support the operations of the Ministerial Council, FRSC and ISC.
The Operating Procedures state that the Secretariat is responsible for providing timely and effective organisational support to these committees, and their Chairs including:
- organising Ministerial Council, FRSC and ISC meetings;
- organising teleconferences as required;
- co-ordinating out-of-season Ministerial Council; FRSC and ISC business;
- co-ordinating the drafting of agenda papers and their circulation to Ministerial Council, FRSC and ISC members;
- arranging clearance of draft meeting records and circulation of final meeting records to members;
- maintaining a record of final Ministerial Council, FRSC and ISC papers; and
- managing Ministerial Council responses to Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) notifications.
The Food Regulation Secretariat - Contact Details:
Phone: +61 2 6289 5128
Fax: +61 2 6289 5100
Food Regulation Secretariat
PO Box 4
Woden ACT 2606