Get Moving Quiz
If you prefer, you can view the Flash version of the quiz
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. How much activity should you do each day for good health?
- 30 minutes
- 30 – 60 minutes
- At least 60 minutes
2. Keep time spent surfing the net, watching TV or playing video games for fun to:
- No more than 1 hour a day
- No more than 2 hours a day
- No more than 3 hours a day
3. Being active is so important because
- It is good for your health
- It can help you reach and keep a healthy weight
- You can learn new skills and make new friends
- All of the above
4. Moderate activity includes things like:
- Playing computer games
- Brisk walking
- Going for a run
5. Vigorous activity includes things like:
- Playing sport (like tennis)
- Surfing the net
- Walking the dog
6. If you are not normally very active you should:
- Keep it that way – don't try to get more active
- Go for a jog for an hour
- Start off slowly and work up to an hour a day
Answers1. C. At least 60 minutes
For good health, it is best to do at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day. This is not as hard as it sounds, as you can build this up throughout the day with a variety of activities.
2. B. No more than 2 hours a day
Watching TV, surfing the net and playing computer games may be fun, but all that sitting around is not good for your health. You don't have to give these things up, but you should also get active outside, especially during the day.
3. D. All of the above
Being active is good for you in so many ways. Not only is it good for your health, but it actually makes you feel good too. Check out the Why get moving pages on the website for more information.
4. B. Brisk walking
Physical activity should be done at a moderate to vigorous level. Moderate or easier activities can include a whole range of activities like brisk walking or bike riding. Vigorous or harder activities are more energetic and will make you huff and puff, like running and sports.
5. A. Playing sport
If you can, you should try to include 20 minutes of vigorous activities, three to four days a week.
6. C. Start off slowly and work up to an hour a day
If you are just starting out it is important to build up gradually to an hour or more a day with activities that interest you. Remember some activity is better than none and more is better than some.