Printable PDF version Health Flexible Funds – pausing indexation and achieving efficiencies (PDF 209 KB)
Why is this important?
- The Government remains committed to achieving responsible savings for the taxpayer, while balancing the need for ongoing quality health services for all Australians.
- This measure achieves responsible savings, and will enable more efficient targeting of health funding, with minimal impact on frontline delivery. The saving has been applied incrementally between years.
- The new outcome and program structure for health will provide greater transparency and a simpler and more streamlined way for providers to be funded, and for the Government to track progress and effectiveness of services.
Who will benefit?
- Providers will be funded to deliver quality health services, with greater transparency, and be more closely aligned with program objectives.
- Australians will continue to have quality frontline health services.