It contains information on the following Statistics in Excel and PDF formats:
- Quarterly Medicare Statistics – September Quarter 1984 to December Quarter 2015-16
- Annual Medicare Statistics – Financial Year 1984-85 to 2015-16
Statistics for Remoteness Area (RA) differ from what was published prior to December quarter 2015 release due to the use of the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) RA classification 2011. Publications prior to December quarter 2015 release were based on the ABS RA classification 2006.
Quarterly and Annual Medicare Statistics Coverage:
- Summary statistics;
- Number of services and bulk billing services;
- Benefit paid and fee charged;
- Schedule fee and schedule fee observance; and
- Average patient contribution for out-of-hospital patient billed services.
Additional Annual Medicare Statistics:
- Number of services and number of services per capita;
- Benefit paid and benefit paid per capita;
- Patient statistics including number of patients, patients as percent of population, number of services per patient, and benefit paid per patient; and
- Estimated Resident Population (ERP) data which allows calculation of other per capita statistics.
- Non-referred GP/VR attendances
- Enhanced Primary Care attendances
- Practice Nurse items; and
- Other non-referred attendances.
General Practice (GP) StatisticsInformation on GP workforce under the MBS is available through the General Practice Statistics web page.
For further inquiries, email MBS Statistics.